Do you want a chance to get a FREE audiobook? Just leave a nice comment and you will be entered in a drawing for a FREE download of the audiobook version of ‘Growing Up Weird: Confessions of a Closet Medium.
Thank you, Mia, of Lights of Clarity, for this generous award for my blog! I think I know what I am supposed to do here, so here it goes….
7 Things about myself…
1. I am an Army Brat. It helped to shape me into what I am today. I am great at packing and making new friends, but I am terrible at cleaning closets because I never had to.
2. My degree in Microbiology was just enough to keep me very interested so I read journals to keep current. It has helped me in my writing.
3. I love animals and they love me. My family thinks of me as the ‘Ellie Mae’ of the family. I can make even the wildest animals trust me. I really think I can connect with them.
4. I raised a bobcat in my house. She was my best friend and used to ride around my shoulders as I walked through the cold house. She slept on my bed. She lived with me for 2 years before she became hormonal and went out to the ranch to live her life. She did, however, come back to check on me periodically.
5. Tornadoes like me too much. I have lived through one of them, thanks to our babysitter throwing us into a closet and praying, and more than I can count have approached me. I have finally learned how to make them leave. When God says you can speak to a mountain and make it move, He also means you can make tornadoes move.
6. My grandfather (long deceased) once showed up in my living room in solid form to tell me to relax and sit down as a tornado approached my house and there was nowhere for me to go. He sat on the couch across from me until the danger passed. I know he is always watching out for me. He is green in spirit.
7. I ride horses and I am apparently a horse whisperer of sorts. My horse chose me and for years, she would not let anyone else ride her. She finally let me know that she has a very tender mouth and needs a different kind of bridle and bit so now others can ride her. I can just think about her and she comes up to the fence by my house for treats. There are times that we just stand together and hug.
I would like to nominate these blogs for the award….
God blessed me with an Alaskan Cruise for our Anniversary. Even as I packed for the trip, I kept getting the message that I would be meeting someone who I could help. Sure enough, a wonderful person chose the seat next to me on the plane. We visited for a while before she revealed to me that her father had just died the night before and she was on her way to the funeral. Having been through the same thing last October, I could completely relate to her pain. As we continued to visit, I think I helped her some. But the real surprise to me was that our conversation helped to heal some of the hurt I still carry over my own father’s death. God works in wonderful ways. Anyway, if she is reading this I want to tell her that I have been praying for her and her family and that she helped me too. Our God knows what we need, even if we do not.
Great Summer reading!! NEW AUDIOBOOK AVAILABLE! #15 this morning on Amazon.com in parapsychology. Thank you everyone!
I just received a new review for ‘Growing Up Weird: Confessions of a Closet Medium’.
“I could not put this book down. It was written so well. The author is sincere and genuine throughout the book telling her life story about being psychic. Never once did she charge for help or solicit to do readings, rather it is about HER experiences on a day to day basis with the unknown. She will be a great help to all her gifted grandchildren to guide and advise them as they discover their own gifts. Absolutely. Get this book. “
Thank you so much to this lovely reader who took the time to write this review for me!